Stoneyford...pretty fun!

WTF Happened!!!!
Rhino89523

Stoneyford...pretty fun!

Post by Rhino89523 »

Rode Stoneyford on Fri. pretty fun place. Black diamonds are way different than most, they are wide as a small bulldozer and just a climb, nothing very technical just pick good lines through the ruts and over the bumps, keep up your speed and rip. Most of the lower area is like this, there were a lot of people stuck in the bottom of these canyons and there is no "out" trail in the bottom. There is normally one side that is easier than the other. The upper area is more in the forest and there is a lot of fun single track, nothing technical just good flowing fun single track just watch out for people coming the other way. I think I am going to put a light on the front of my bike just so people see me better. There were a lot of cops out, but they were pretty cool. I run a turbine core 4 with fresh packing, might be close on DB's but I wasn't hassled. You know the drill, my bike makes about as much noise at idle as it does when your rolling, those 4 strokes bark when they get on it. All in all I had a great time. I scored an old IT465 from my father in law I think I am going to put disc brakes on the front and leave it at his house so I can ride Stoneyford any time I want....Fun place!
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Went back to this place today.....It was supposed to rain, didn't happen, place was epic. I got there about 7:30, suited and booted by 8:00 didn't see a single car bike nothing. Get on the bike and start ripping. I rode all over the place, dirt was perfect, looked down at my front tire a few times thinking it might be flat, I was getting that great of traction, the bars were giving me mad resistance and you could lay it into turns like a street bike. I rode about 3" past the first set of bolts solo.

I ran into a couple district 36 dudes on 450's....one of them was a local and had been riding there forever...he didn't really show me anything I hadn't already found myself but the pace picked up a lot now that I wasn't alone. Dude ripped...his buddy rode good but got tired pretty quick....of course his buddy was the one with the ultra blingy bike with his name on his number plates. We rode together for about 3 hours got into a fair amount of snow had them ask me what the deal is with my Elmo shirt and then I just got kind of tired waiting for dudes buddy to catch his breath so I went back to rolling solo. Ripped througha few single track loops and then headed back down the mountain to the black diamond hill climb stuff. Wanted to go a little further but I was past the second bolt which means I just had the low hanging part of my desert tank left, blasted the up and coasted the downs back to the truck....I was rolling my 65 international travelall with a rear bike carrier. Killer day and I'm beat.

As I am loading the bike and chugging gatoraid I hear some bike coming one is a two stroke, they pull up and low and behold it's a steel 500 1997 that looked like it was bought off the showroom today so clean! Stock everything, no dents in the pipe, clean plastics, all original except for the silencer. I talk to dude for a few, he bought it new from the dealer, he rides it maybe once a year but it sat for a few unridden and it looks it...doesn't look like it had ever been down....I wanted to take it because tht bike deserved a proper beating, but it was cool to see one soooo clean. I couldn't take my eyes off of it. They gave me props for a cool truck, I fired up the old turd and thats my report.

probably got in like 70 miles blasting snow hogs fuel, cr500 is hands down one of the best snow bikes, I passed the dudes I was riding with as well as a whole group of other dudes who were all stuck, on the pegs tapped and blasting....4 strokes can suck my premix.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Nice report Matt..... Keep up representing with the 500 so well.....
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I went back to Stoneyford last weekend, it dumped Sat. morning so I rode Sunday morning. I got a new phone with a camera so I got a rainbow pic...let the gay jokes ensue. and I stopped one other time by a little river. Burned 3/4 of a tank so probably 50 miles. Lots of snow, I rode solo and not really anyone there. Great time was had by all...me. I have so many images of my life stored in my brain taken from the saddle of this bike...I will never sell it, I won't even tear it apart for an AF, I may build an AF but this will not be the doner.

AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Rhino89523 wrote: I got a new phone with a camera so I got a rainbow pic...let the gay jokes ensue.
Didnt know which way to go.... so I posted both of them.....

Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Man Bob you got me...I was kind of right between the two. I sang a little and I moaned like I was jacking at the same time.

Next time I'll do a video with sound......Oh Oh my God a double rainbow!
hoofarted

Post by hoofarted »

Can't argue that my timing was perfect on this shot:

:lol:
The CR500 is an acquired taste. If you don't like it, acquire some taste...

Pony

Post by Pony »

Great report! Gay or not, That rainbow pic is beautiful. I wish there was wide open riding like that here in Texas.
G FORCE

Post by G FORCE »

Nice recap. Sounds like some great conditions!
Gabe

'98/'86 AF Project
'07 YZ450F