riding today

WTF Happened!!!!
2strokeforever

riding today

Post by 2strokeforever »

i made a hillclimb this week, i went to the top of the powerlines, then droped down, then pointed up and "just went up" and went up and down a few times, cut out the face slappers and flaged it, .5 miles long 1000ft high, under the powerlines, its very technical, its first gear all the way up except for 100 feet where i can grab second, lots of corners and sidehills that dont have any ruts and old skidder roads across everywhere and , so if you need to stop you can (on the skidder road) , and still get going (barely), its really hard, thank you IRC M5B!!!!!!!!!!
and like always its way steeper than it looks
you can see my truck at the bottom right on the flat spot by the 4th power pole, the hill starts at the river at the very bottom, ill get more pics next week
brought all my buddies there and showed them theres a diffrence between fast and good :lol: , none made it, i did tho :D

then i "made" another trail (drove thru the bush and flagged it) its really hard to side hill thru the bush in fall with all the wet sticks everywhere
then i went for a trail ride and i bailed and my back brake stoped working... the rotor is bent an inch inward :cry:
i got a pic of where my custom tuned pro circuit pipe hits the tire, will a new pipe do that?, notice the shiny spot
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Damn, that powerline looks steep!
I almost flipped a jeep on a powerline years ago.
btw-Woods riding around here is getting pretty dicey with all the leaves and stuff. Not that it matters much to me though.
I'm not into woods.
Well, not yet.
I bought a mint 1974 TY250 last week in Denver.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

ive been thinking of making a hillclimb bike from a R6 streetbike motor on alky (and maybe boost) and whatever mx steel frame i can get, i know ill prolly be better off modding my 500 to do that, but then it wont be any good for the trails, and if i can throw a 4cyl 600cc bike around then it will make me better at a normal one
and even if its worse for that kind of climbing it will be a lot of fun to bounce off the 18000 rpm limiter
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
100hp honda

Post by 100hp honda »

aint got snow up there yet ?
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

seen a tiny bit at the top of the mountain, but theres prolly another month of riding without snow if were lucky, but that doset matter, because im riding through winter anyways
4stroke=dead fish
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

usually we have 2-3 feet by haloween, havent seen any yet :shock:
it not even freezing during the day, and only hits about -4c at night. sunday it was +18c
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

heres where i fractured/chipped my arm, did it a few times, then that 1 last time and got all croked at the bottom and went to the top and fell down and smoked my arm on one of those clumps of gravel, there rock hard, yes i made that hill, well i cant think of a better word for it
also its way wore down now, before it was scary,no rut at the top :shock:
4stroke=dead fish
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

well i got a whack more pics of that power line climb, i called it harboe hill, because one of my friends was saying that he could do anything that i could... so its his hill, and he hasnt made it yet :oops: but to be fair he is a slightly faster on the trails
but anyways its 1000ft tall and 1/2 mile long, and there is a few flat spots, and lots of sidehills
the start

the hardest part, its wet clay and a side hill, and the start is a sidehill up a bank, i made it 2 out of 7 trys today
not making it
from the top
so far i havent been able to find anyone who will try this part
i bailed down this once, right at the drop and pushed the bike up hill so it wouldnt fall on me... but that sent me flying down backwards and landed on my back on the road... good times
its way easier now i cut all the shit out, now you dont have to close your eyes
easy part
its way easier now that the lip is blasted off, but all my friends still have a hard time... but i had a lot of practice too, well i was the first bike up 90% of the whole climb
the only part of the whole climb i can grab second
same one
top of the last one
if you look closely at the bottom left of the powerlines you can see the ribbons, and the greasy sidehill clay one

sure stop and have a break... good luck getting going again, you can see where there was a rotten log across... too bad it got chewed away

almost there, the original is very hard to hit with speed, and to get a good run at it you have to go halfway down the hill so i made a few different endings
well i got right near the top and saw i wasnt going to make it so i pull over sideways, but not fast enough, :shock: so i was there balancing hoping id fall uphill for prolly 10 seconds (oh shit) and then i start falling downhill... the stick triangle is where i was when i started falling, it rolled twice and slid a bit

more custom pipe tuning
made it the second time
me, i like the neck brace, it dosent get in the way, and its $89 at rocky mountain, and 3 day shipping to canada too
the tank was full at the bottom, and it wasnt puking out the overflow either
i know for sure i woulda had way more issues getting up if i didnt have a M5B on the back
eventually ill get a different battery
didnt have any back brakes, but when i got home look what was waiting for me :D

ya i know i need a helmet cam
4stroke=dead fish
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Yep, that's a hillclimb.
You and my friends would get along great.
They take me places and try to kill me.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Besides Arm Pumps and Stiles..., your Service Honda is the only one I know of that gets rode like it should.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

Dude werent you on a mission to remove weight? that scotts fin is like 3 times heavier than stock, and its unsprung weight too
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

Dude werent you on a mission to remove weight? that scotts fin is like 3 times heavier than stock, and its unsprung weight too
i know, but removing sprung weight from my wallet has a negative effect on my riding ability
was trying to find a thick carbon fiber one, but i didnt want to waste money on a thin piece of crap that is made to look good...

acording to my SH papers i got my bike around the middle of june 2010... this is what a bike should look like after 5 months of riding every weekend except 3 (because of fractured arm)

heres another hill i cut today, i cant make it up, it looks like a hill, but its actually a giant pile of roots, and its impossible for anyone to hit faster than 2nd wound (14/48 ) ,(ground speed) because of the sharp bottom, and the corners right before and after, it will be fun to BS with the really good riders saying i got up, theyd catch on quick after trying it once or twice
:lol:
its all roots
4stroke=dead fish
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

ill start the thread drift since no one else has....
heres what i spent my spare time on before i had my cr500af, now that i got my bike i all but forgot it existed,
, it runs, well not right now because i raided the oil pump and continuisly variable regulator (that i designed and made)
all the welding was done with the AC arc welder in the background, and its airtight, yes the sheetmetal too
and it drives, very slowly, but with a bit of time and money it has the potential to make 60 horsepower, it makes it now,but...

it has less than $200 put into it

4stroke=dead fish
FZ1426

Post by FZ1426 »

AlisoBob wrote:Besides Arm Pumps and Stiles..., your Service Honda is the only one I know of that gets rode like it should.
:shock: You mean the riding without a rear brake part or the reducing a $12K motorcycle into a worthless pile ?
Last edited by FZ1426 on November 15th, 2010, 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
'06 CRF450R, '02 R1, '11 YZ450F
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

or the reducing a $12K motorcycle into a worthless pile part?
so youd rather buy a bike without any scratches, with rusted suspension bearings, never cleaned airfilter, loose spokes/bent rim, run with summer jetting in the winter, all bolts seized from never being touched....?
ya i ride hard, but i take care of it too, and apart from the plastics, rads, and pipe being a little beat, the rest is in great condition, and its got a bit of other goddies bolted on too
if you dont ride hard youll never get good
4stroke=dead fish
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

2strokeforever wrote:[.....run with summer jetting in the winter,

http://i4.tinypic.com/8788g9t.jpg

I got a bike like that!!!

If you buy a $12k bike to let it sit ( like most the S/H's I see in the resale market) your a asswipe.

If you buy a $12k bike and run the shit out of it , your my hero.
FZ1426

Post by FZ1426 »

2strokeforever wrote:
or the reducing a $12K motorcycle into a worthless pile part?
so youd rather buy a bike without any scratches, with rusted suspension bearings, never cleaned airfilter, loose spokes/bent rim, run with summer jetting in the winter, all bolts seized from never being touched....?
ya i ride hard, but i take care of it too, and apart from the plastics, rads, and pipe being a little beat, the rest is in great condition, and its got a bit of other goddies bolted on too
if you dont ride hard youll never get good
No doubt the AF beats the turbochair hands down. :lol:
'06 CRF450R, '02 R1, '11 YZ450F
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

heres me going down with my helmet cam, its about the same braking power as in the summer, but i cant see all the sticks n stuff, but the snow helps slow a bit, not as hard as i thought it would be, but harder than in summer
now my friends have no excuse not to try and i got it video for when they call bs :lol:

at 5:40 i almost wuss out, the video makes it look easy, but heres another pic that still makes it look easy, ( but less)
2 foot straight drop off (not almost vertical, 100% vertical)
4stroke=dead fish
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

heres a vid, now that my computer works theres more on the way, its HD too

installed the SLP power wing, didnt notice much except it dosent "flame out" when running a lean pilot, cant tell if it hurt the top end, its staying for good tho, only 4jokes are suposed to "flame out"

4stroke=dead fish
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

4th gear 4200-4300 rpm, no leaning, thanks roosty :D lots of letting off too cause i dont wanna go over
still got a few spots in the jetting that need work

4stroke=dead fish
caseyracing222

Post by caseyracing222 »

Man I wish I lived in Canada, I would crest "Harboe Hill" 3rd gear pinned on my 250 no problem. I'd also like to ride my Hilly on it :D
-Jake

2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

those last ones arent harboe hill, thats the only dry looking spot around....
come on over i have 50$ for anyone that goes up more than half the hill in 3rd :wink: on a regular length bike

i figured il put all my riding pics in one thread so there isnt a million cluttering up the fourm?
4stroke=dead fish