Idaho/Washington

Gather Up for IGG'S BIRFDAY BASH @ DOVE SPRINGS!! March 16-18 2012
Rosco-Peeko

Idaho/Washington

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

So I got an idea.... I have talked to a few guys and they are really excited about the idea of having group/site ride up here in the PNW. I threw this at Mojoscojo. Some things to ponder:

1) This is not the desert...roots and mud are not your friend.
2) Will be something for everyone....C all the way to big shot.
3) Mojo and I will not disappoint.
4) I will make sure the Shark is there to toss out random insults.

I thought I was hot snot on a Ritz Cracker when I moved from the Mojave to the soggy PNW. I was schooled by Mojo and broken....my ego of a ritz cracker shattered at my feet. "I was fast down south..."

I am leaning very forward on this....planting the seed so to speak. Looking to push for next spring. A date will be firmed up by people that show a interest. Scott and I will be setting up the logistics. If you would like to come...I have an extra bike and there may be more..tbd. I am seriously thinkin on campin bringin the wife and kiddo's out...BBQ...etc. My wife will make sure you're fed....ask any SoCal hoon.

This is a rough draft...want to see if there is any interest. Well....Nancy...
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
Algava

Post by Algava »

I just got back from Italy and rode similar stuff. I forgot how much fun it was, the desert makes you change your prospective.
I'm interested, let's see what develops.
Al
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Good to see Al! Would be a pleasure to have you up here.
mightyhammer

Post by mightyhammer »

Jeezum, I haven't been on in a while. The 84 is down, the af is down, the 95 is down.... but the katoom is perky! I would like to throw a "possible" in the hat. Wife and I said goodbye to each other recently, sign papers monday..... so things are kind of gagotz for me these days, could use a small break if I can find someone to keep eye on kiddos for a few. I really want to meet all my fellow pnw specially roostie, hes the only one older than me and probably equally delapidated...lol No offense Roostie!
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Shit yeah! The more the merrier.
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Ok, talked to Mojo. I was pushing for spring to keep the dust down. I think doing this on a holiday weekend such as July 4th would a good time-frame. We will be looking at Idaho more so than Washington. Why? Because Spokane is closer if someone wants to fly in. An exact location and date will be hammered down as time gets closer. I plan on being there for around 3-4 days campin and enjoying life.

Here is a taste...Mojo's vid's:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fru9xblRHEQ&feature=plcp[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mc4y-mIr42I&feature=plcp[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23iKxXuPgXY&feature=plcp[/youtube]

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIu6OID2A48&feature=plcp[/youtube][/youtube]
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

potentially in...see what and when but I love roots rocks and especially mud!! Not that I'm good at riding any of it I just like it.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
FRO53

Post by FRO53 »

Im 100% in!
Northwest Nitro Nationals Pro NAHA Hillclimb April 26th-28th 2013
KX 60 hillclimber
CB 750 hillclimber
2001 xr70 (kids)
2009 trx 250 es (wifes)
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Catching this up over here...

Mojo:
For those coming along and NOT riding:
http://www.silverwoodthemepark.com/
Is right here. Literally 10 minutes from my house, no more than an hour and a half from any of the camp sites, except Manastash.

You can actually camp there.

If you want to camp in a nice spot away from people and trailer your bike to the trailhead, there's always:
http://www.visitidaho.org/attraction/pa ... tate-park/

I have 2 trucks and a trailer that can haul 3 extra bikes from there to trailhead.

As for dates, lets use this years season as an example.

April - Wet and cold. Pretty much stuck with lower Canfield and Liberty. "A", "B" riders bored but happy to be on wheels.

May - Still wet. Canfield is prime. Can maybe get to some of the better stuff. "A" riders already sick of riding Canfield, getting antsy. "B" riders having fun, "C" riders being challenged.

June - STILL wet. Better (more challenging) stuff starting to open up. Independence, Batey. Creeks running high though. Not for the timid. "A", "B" riders having a ball, "C" riders have many options.

July - Starting to dry up a little. Nice and warm but not HOT. Excellent conditions. Wallace available but not completely accessible.

August - Getting Hot and dry, although nothing like you southern desert dwellers are accustomed to. Dusty. Wallace wide open. Epic ride and views. Challenging, but rewarding.
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Ok, I talked to Mojo this am. Lets shoot for 3-6/7 July 2013. Now its set and if you need to adjust a schedule or mark it on a calander...DOIT! ;)

I think Camping at Farragut State Park sounds good. They have Cabins, RV Spots and primitive campin. [highlight]If you are 100% in, you need to make a reservation SOON AFTER 3 Oct. I hear this place fills quickly 1-888-922-6743[/highlight] ***I just called them and we can book a "companion" site for $48 a night with crappers and showers if you'd like to hose off.***

Looking at hitting Canfield, Wallace and a few other places. Trust me, you will get your fill on this ride. We wanted to make sure the guys traveling get their fill, have a good time and go home with raves. Mojo can dish out a whupping if thats what you want. Bottom line, you'll have a blast and see some gorgeous country. We can ride, BBQ, hang out and just have some fun.

I think off the bat we need to make the reservation for the Companion site (2 RV's w/ hook ups and a tent or two). Just to make sure we are good to go.

Thoughts? :-?
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Bike Tabs!!!!!! I just talked with Idaho DMV. As long as your bike is titled and registered w/ current tabs you can ride in Idaho on your home stqate tabs for up to 30 days. Good news aye...

So far BobD, Rooster, Mojo, Rabbit +1 and myself and clan are 100% with a few possibles.
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

FRO53 wrote:Im 100% in!
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
FRO53

Post by FRO53 »

MojoScojo wrote:
FRO53 wrote:Im 100% in!
Camping with the family too.
Northwest Nitro Nationals Pro NAHA Hillclimb April 26th-28th 2013
KX 60 hillclimber
CB 750 hillclimber
2001 xr70 (kids)
2009 trx 250 es (wifes)
Algava

Post by Algava »

I want in too, just got to work out the logistics of transportation.
Probably buy a 500 in the area and fly in, maybe rent a camper, cheaper than drive or tow my trailer.
Anyone from socal let me know.
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Wooot! :cool:
MojoScojo

Post by MojoScojo »

bump
No longer have a CR500.
07 Yamaha YZ250, 17 Husqvarna 701 Enduro
Get on with riding or get on with dying.
https://www.youtube.com/mojoscojo
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

And.......TOO the TOP!

Alright guys.......if my broke ass can make it out. Git off your rumps! My 250 is on its way up, my wife just had surgery (she did), my nuts filled with puss (pussnuts), I am doing the work of two people in my office and heavily task saturated--cant get away (I am)....got lots of excuses. But I will be there. I don't think I will have this chance again. I retire next summer then I am bailing to NW Albuquerque. In between that I am taking another deployment. The time is now...come on out and ride with us. Beats sitting at home watching Archie Bunker in you boxers with ball sack hanging out the side bitching about the heat. Lets go!

Plus my nephew is coming up from New Mexico with his KX500. His first time in the woods. Get it? Casual riding and having fun. However, Scott will oblige you is you want ass-pucker-seat cover shredding technical stuff. You're time will not be wasted. This is your chance to network. Thinking of an epic ride next summer? Hey I rode with someone who lives over there kinda stuff--bonus.

When not riding, Hoon camaraderie....fires, beer, whiskey, "I threw myself on a defenseless Korean lady and saved my squad" stories and BBQ. If I can manage it....BBQ (tri-tip or brisket). BBQ steak and eggs in the am before a ride? Sound good? Bring a fat-assed porterhouse.

Soooooo after you deciphered my drabble. Key points: Ride, Fun, Hoonery, BBQ and Networking.