iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Looks like Cougar Butte's for me 10/15.

Wondering about Thanks Giving? :idea:
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

so not much intrust in this ride what about the fricken 2 day party :cool:
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Iggy I can remember when I joined the other site years ago you where the only one who would come out to the lewisclan rides :cool: alot's change since then, so lets talk about Thanksgiving do ya think your crew would come out to Sunfair or what where you thinking?
Image"the game of life of is not so much in holding a good hand as playing a poor hand well"
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

Yeah a lot has changed. My personal life too. Working dayshift now, takes an hour and a half to get home vs an hour and 10 min. Friday two hrs. All the BS on dayshift. They transferred me to another department after 15 years. There going to lose all the tribal knowledge to train others. I love it when management shots there selfs in the foot. Can't wait to see the look on my partners face tomorrow. After a couple of days now, its going to be better than where I was, less stress in the new dept. But anyway...

My friends are telling me Randsburg. Come to think about it, Sunfair probably be better, less TG croud and don't have to deal with traffic @ Kramer jct.

Dam thats like a month away.
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Have you been to sunfair its a lot smaller that Red Moutain area.
it has a little bit of everything
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Hey Jay,
Don't get too discouraged and please keep posting. I had a blast at Pismo and want to get in on another one of your rides. For me most of those are 8 hour drives, not a big deal but it is a busy time of year for me and doesn't slow down until after Christmas. I'm planning on Hoonfest again for sure and can always squeek in weekend trips, just not right now. Thank You for the invite and please keep posting.
Matt
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

I dont, infact it dosent bother me at all I can have fun with just me & wifey
there are 5 other families going from our local buddy's
the term Bon Fire is a mild term we have stoped Highway traffic 2 miles away with one of our bon fires
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

Wish I was going and I know it wouldn't ruin your time, I meant don't get discouraged about posting it up here to the sound of crickets. I love Big Fires!
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

its all Good
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

Damn I wanna go ........it's just not looking good :cry: :cry:
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

lewisclan wrote:Have you been to sunfair its a lot smaller that Red Moutain area.
it has a little bit of everything
No, but yeah, thinking a bit of everything would be better, I can probably put a few corners together and make a small track. I think I'm ichen to ride a track, Its been since March.

Come on Sabre, jus do it !!!

So Sunfair is off 62 then Coyote Valley Rd. ?
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

O there is more that 1 track.
from the 10fwy take hwy 62 towards 29 palms about 20+ miles, after you go through Joshua Tree just look for the Air port sign i think its Sunfair road but turn north (left) on Google earth is says Coyote valley and head down the road about 1.5 miles to Sunflower rd and make a right and head towards the dry lake bed you will see us camped on the lake bed
redridermv

Post by redridermv »

We are camping at the at Doheney Beach the 28th weeend but that Sunfair place is sounding like a pretty bitchen place. Last weekend at Ocotillo Wells the rangers were not too happy with my fireworks so they took what we had left (only 3 or 4 morters), they also told me that my potato cannon was no bueno to fire off in the state park.
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

So how much did it cost you?
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

its agenst the law to have fireworks out here so there is always a chance you may have a problem, we havent yet but I keep an eye on the roads when we are shooting them off and we dont repeatly shoot off mortors just a cuple here and there
redridermv

Post by redridermv »

iggys-amsoil wrote:So how much did it cost you?
No ticket just a warning, they said they would eject us if they had to come back to our camp for fireworks or the spud gun. They did check the stickers on all the bikes and RZR's.

Lighting Chineese lanterns off the top of Blowsand was pretty cool too(hard to really call those fireworks), first time for me with those things.
lewisclan
PVT. 1st Class

Post by lewisclan »

Rick & Steve are you guys going to make it out?
iggys-amsoil

Post by iggys-amsoil »

No. Proride is doing a ride day at Channy Ranch the day which is just past Cahuilla Creek MX 30 miles east of Temecula. Although I'm signed up I'm questioning weither to go or not.

They have a replica of the Carlsbad track there now and from what I hear its nearly exactly like it. I wouldn't know, never rode Carlsbad.
"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

iggys-amsoil wrote:No. Proride is doing a ride day at Channy Ranch the day which is just past Cahuilla Creek MX 30 miles east of Temecula. Although I'm signed up I'm questioning weither to go or not.

They have a replica of the Carlsbad track there now and from what I hear its nearly exactly like it. I wouldn't know, never rode Carlsbad.
It's a bitchin track out there. I raced my maico out there a few weeks ago.

It's a drive to get there though.
sabreguy

Post by sabreguy »

It's a no-go for me :(
88CR500
ROOST ON PEOPLE!!!