Tall guys...

Helmets, Safety Gear, Seats, Pegs, Bars and all the Other Stuff.
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

I would not give any of you guys a hard time.
5' 9", you guys would trip over me and wonder WTF that was you fell over.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
290 POUNDS, How can I compete with that.
SHIT!, Im (70kg) 154 POUNDS if I converted that correctly.
You guys are friggin HUGE! :?
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

CR500R7 wrote:I would not give any of you guys a hard time.
5' 9", you guys would trip over me and wonder WTF that was you fell over.
290 POUNDS, How can I compete with that.
SHIT!, Im (70kg) 154 POUNDS if I converted that correctly.
You guys are friggin HUGE! :?
See now that's funny shit !!

Trust me we are not the most fit guys in the world but we can still get around. That's why we want MORE power and more suspension. :lol: :lol:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

hahaha, both grandpas were over 6 ft, dad was 6'3", I am and so is my 16y old cuz, uncle + bro are 6'4", heck i was 6' tall in grade 6
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Solids sons feet.....

Garrett is going to be about 8' tall me thinks...
"SOLID Bro!!"

Post by "SOLID Bro!!" »

AlisoBob wrote:Image
Solids sons feet.....

Garrett is going to be about 8' tall me thinks...
I'm not saying nothing he might do something to me when I sleep.

I think that he is my friend now that 5 hundy showed up last night.

Frickin 17 year olds

I was B.S.ing with this guy on the phone as I was on my way to Pismo Beach He has a 1993 cr500 that he doesn't ride anymore it came up he said I'll sell it to you for $800.00 I told him I'll take it. It needs some TLC and plastic change so Brit in his drunken stuper don't get on it thinking its his. :lol: :lol:

Than he calls me back and told me not to pay him instead he wants 2 Jeep seats and seat belts to fit. DONE DEAL!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Than the wife comes into the garage said WHATS THIS :shock: :shock:

no money is changing hands. So what are you trading? We tell her all is good.
CR500R7

Post by CR500R7 »

Well, I guess that means my daughter is going to be a short ass as well :roll:
Jack Schitt
DIE FIRST, worry about it later!
DON'T talk about it, Just DO IT!
When in doubt, GO FLAT OUT!
2001 CR500R1 - SOLD
2007 CR250R7 - SOLD
Wife and Daughter - Left Aug 17 - 2010
Jack Schitt - ??????????????
warrnum

Post by warrnum »

AlisoBob wrote:Image

I have several rides on these.... WAY more comfortable, back dosent hurt, great steering response, probably 3x faster through whoops....

I cant think of a single negative from my perspective.

Big Jay likes them too..... he has a set twice as tall!
Do you still run these Bob, they look interesting. The couple rides I had one the bike it did feel rather cramped. Do you think these are a good option?
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I rode those for a while and liked them, when they were twisted way forward like the pic I didn't like the feel of the steering it felt really heavy if the bars were way in front of the centerline of the forks. I am not riding those anymore, I am using a set of adjustable tripples with a 3" or so rise Sub mount and high rise bend bars that puts my whole set up in just about the same place. The Rox risers were pretty tough, I ripped the threads out when I hit a huge cactus but other than that my crash testing of the rox risers gets an A rating.

All in all I think there are some better ways to accomplish opening up the cockpit and raising the bars but the rox risers are a fairly cheap totally viable option. My .02$
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

I actually running "quad" bars right now. Pretty tall, with less "sweep" than bike bars.

I love them.
warrnum

Post by warrnum »

Cheers Rhino for your 2c and Bob for your options. I will do a bit of reasearch and look into both the above. The bike has currently renthal fat bars at the moment, I would say they were the standard bars on the showroom floor, they just dont feel comfortable, very cramped up. I am 6 foot 2 so need to feel comfortable and safer.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I'm rolling ATV bend on my XR...love the feel, don't really dig the look as much. I have adjustable tripple on the XR too with a lower mount set up. All the tripples are made by a good buddy and as soon as he annodizes another set of the sub mounts in black I am switching the red sub on my CR now over to the XR and replacing it with a black one.

Are you rolling a steel bike or an AF.

My buddies name is Cam and own D1H they make all kinds of mounts...he used to do all the tripples for GPR until they took it in house, his machine work looks way better than the GPR stuff. The GPR stuff looks like a H.S. metals project in comparison. Give him a call if you want he will hook it up. He has a few steely uppers left and not sure where he is at on the AF stuff but if it's a fairly new chassis he probably has it in stock.
warrnum

Post by warrnum »

Hey Rhino , does D1H have a website, I am out in aust. I would like to try incorporate the bars I already have to try keep costs down if possible. Do they make these for fat bars or just normals? I am sure if I change to those ATV bend I will have to replace the bar clamps anyway because I am sure they are normal size. Damned if you do LOL. 1 job at a time to get it where I need it and this one is certainly high on the list.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

http://dh1racing.com/index.html

Thats his website, it's under construction and I can't lie he is not the greatest web dude, I think his sister helps him out. His phone # is 775.351.1901

I have the ATV bars in oversize and I know Cam makes all his stuff in oversize bars, I am not sure what he does in stock size. I'm using the oversize ATV bars made for Rocky Mountain MC think they call them Tusk or something and they were like $35. The Rox risers are in the $60 range. D1H tripples plus Bar mounts are around the $200 mark.