Let's talk security

Helmets, Safety Gear, Seats, Pegs, Bars and all the Other Stuff.
kevin_s

Let's talk security

Post by kevin_s »

Looking to get some ideas on how to keep thieves from stealing our stuff from at home or on the road.

What do you guy's do?
freeride588

Re: Let's talk security

Post by freeride588 »

kevin_s wrote:Looking to get some ideas on how to keep thieves from stealing our stuff from at home or on the road.

What do you guy's do?
Cameras obviously but the big thing is a alarm with some serious sirens hooked into it. You get door sensors and glass breaks as well as motion sensors so no matter what the second a door opens or a window breaks the alarm calls the cops and sets off the sirens that should wake people up for a few blocks. Those sirens go off and nobody will want to be anywhere near your shop. Also you might want to think about some anchors in your floor so you can chain your bikes to them. If you need any advice on equipment or what to do let me know I am a alarm and surveillance tech so I can help you out.
Kevin
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Move to Canada where niggers and mexicans make up 0.01% of the population.
kevin_s

Re: Let's talk security

Post by kevin_s »

freeride588 wrote:
kevin_s wrote:Looking to get some ideas on how to keep thieves from stealing our stuff from at home or on the road.

What do you guy's do?
Cameras obviously but the big thing is a alarm with some serious sirens hooked into it. You get door sensors and glass breaks as well as motion sensors so no matter what the second a door opens or a window breaks the alarm calls the cops and sets off the sirens that should wake people up for a few blocks. Those sirens go off and nobody will want to be anywhere near your shop. Also you might want to think about some anchors in your floor so you can chain your bikes to them. If you need any advice on equipment or what to do let me know I am a alarm and surveillance tech so I can help you out.
Thanks Kevin,so far I have 2 sirens A 12v gel cell battery,and a charger.
What else do I need for switches and a arming switch? any links would really help.all I have is 0ne small window,a roll up bay door,and a steel entrance door.

NightBiker07

Post by NightBiker07 »

Hook a train horn up inside the garage. When that shit starts blowing, it will hurt even the thickest skulled jababicans. Then, instead of thieving, they will go a running! Hook it up to a 5 second delay, so they really get the full blown effect of the blowing horn :lol:
2000 CR250, pipe, filter, Vforce

1980 XL80s
1969 Broncco TX-6

Natural selection favors Smart people, so nature selects morons to be slow and dumb for tigers and stuff too eat. But in our modern world there just aren't enough tigers.
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Just put your stuff on a trailer.
Lock the trailer to something like a light pole.
Use a heavy braided cable and lock your stuff up to the trailer.
Then run a 110 (220 is overkill, get it?) bare wire to the trailer.
Let a water hose drip until the ground is saturated and keep it that way.
Oh, and be sure to put a no trespassing sign on the trailer.
You should be good to go at this point.

Now, when you find the scumbags lying around your trailer, grab your skilsaw with the dull rusty blade and go to town on their fingers. :wink:
However, only take 1/2 inch at a time til you get to the elbows.

One more thing, superglue their lips together and their eyelids shut.

You may be able to tell, nobody that knows me fucks with me.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Tharrell for Sherrif....

:twisted:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

its better to glue their eyes open :lol:
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:its better to glue their eyes open :lol:

.. and their dick shut.
jr475

Post by jr475 »

For your one window, I would recommend covering it with bars. Angle Iron on top and bottom with some good solid tubing for the uprights. Then lag bolt it to the header and on the bottom also. Not sure if I missed it but a good dead bolt is also a help on the entry door wih a cover plate over the locks.
jr475

Post by jr475 »

Why did you mount your entry door in backwards, If I was a thief I would pop off the door pins and pull the door off. Not trying to be an ass just blunt. Also if the door swings in you can re-enforce the door with metal on the inside so that they cant break the door jam.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

Code here says all doors must open to the outside, fire safety. I'm guessing its the same there :wink:
seanmx57

Post by seanmx57 »

multiple rottweilers with bad attitudes. Mine have caught bastards red handed. Next time I will handle shit personally, sitting in the courthouse over that BS is a waste.
kevin_s

Post by kevin_s »

jr475 wrote:For your one window, I would recommend covering it with bars. Angle Iron on top and bottom with some good solid tubing for the uprights. Then lag bolt it to the header and on the bottom also. Not sure if I missed it but a good dead bolt is also a help on the entry door wih a cover plate over the locks.
Yes,getting the material to do the window this week.
We did the deadbolt lock today.

Thanks JR
jr475

Post by jr475 »

I see, it is not code in my area or at least our inspectors dont care. Most of the things you do will only slow up a thief but if it slows them up enough to get some buckshot on target it worked enough in my book. Like the barn lots of room for bikes.
cr500man

Post by cr500man »

Motion sensors, and a chain link dog lot around the outside. With a big metal building and such a large blind spot the theives with a plan would cut a hole in the metal on the rear of the building or unscrew a panel and walk right in. You can weld the hinge pins on the front door or replace them with a welded piano hinge. I would also consider framing up another room in that large building and making a heated, dry bike room. Then you could go again with another dead bolt and reinforced door jams and or a separate alarm system. Of course my buddys think I'm paranoid , well enough time online I've got to put my tin foil captains hat on and hide in the closet so Phil Donahue doesn't read my mind again.
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tkZuLix ... e=youtu.be[/youtube]

Hide your dirt bikes inside books...... perfect.
black

Post by black »

In South Africa we have very,very high crime and all homes every were come standard with burglar bars and safety gates in front of the house doors.
You will drive around a long time before you get a house without it.
I even have a safety gate in my house that cut the rooms off from the rest of the house, because its become the norm to wake up at night with some "brothers" in your house.
You can put up all the security you want, but if they want to get in they will.
The harder it is to get in the better your chances for them to hit a easier target.
Your setup is big and open and need a prefab wall with 2 big dogs.
Its all wrong that you have to jail yourself in, but that's how its getting and its only gonna get shitter.
These days its all about human right, but they feel a fuck for your rights.
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I run the dog mote. My dogs only bark for a reason.

My other line of defense is my neighbors. I know everyone within about a mile of me, most have my number. I have retired guys around and am very close with them...they keep an eye on things. Everyone who knows me knows I have a bit of a screw loose and I think that helps too.
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Rhino89523 wrote:I run the dog mote. My dogs only bark for a reason.

My other line of defense is my neighbors. I know everyone within about a mile of me, most have my number. I have retired guys around and am very close with them...they keep an eye on things. Everyone who knows me knows I have a bit of a screw loose and I think that helps too.
Funny, I got a call from a neighbor the other day, he was all excited about someone parked in my driveway and walking around all my landscaping equipment.
Turns out it was a guy I had just hired.
Neighbors can help for sure.

One other thing is wireless internet capable security cameras.
I bought 3 Cisco cameras a couple years ago and they will send you an email if there is movement and you can actually see what's happening from a remote computer.
I suppose you could see from the advanced phones we use today.
I'm still using an old school phone myself.
freeride588

Post by freeride588 »

Tharrell wrote:
Rhino89523 wrote:I run the dog mote. My dogs only bark for a reason.

Funny, I got a call from a neighbor the other day, he was all excited about someone parked in my driveway and walking around all my landscaping equipment.
Turns out it was a guy I had just hired.
Neighbors can help for sure.

One other thing is wireless internet capable security cameras.
I bought 3 Cisco cameras a couple years ago and they will send you an email if there is movement and you can actually see what's happening from a remote computer.
I suppose you could see from the advanced phones we use today.
I'm still using an old school phone myself.

They have CCTV systems now that you can get a outdoor weather proof camera for about $65 that sees in the dark. You hook them up to your DVR and can view live shots of all your cams on your phone that takes about 10 seconds to pull up. Security cameras direct is a good website to get some good cheap cameras. Those internet cameras are ok but i have seen there be up to a 5 minute lag on them at times and they dont always take photos and you need a computer to remote view them. Cameras unfortunately are less effective then an alarm system at keeping people away and really only work for viewing after the fact.
Kevin
Rhino89523

Post by Rhino89523 »

I provide the same service for my neighbors that they provide me and have caught theives in the middle of the night trying to steal some truck tires at my neighbors. I really think my Dogs help out a lot. We had dogs at my parents growing up and I have always had dogs since I left home. Knock on wood I have never been robbed. I have a shop that is a pretty good distance from the house and the dogs are really my only line of defense.

The other thing is I ride steely's......nobody wants those :D
O.ne B.ig A.ss M.istake A.merica