flexx bars

Helmets, Safety Gear, Seats, Pegs, Bars and all the Other Stuff.
2strokeforever

flexx bars

Post by 2strokeforever »

never really liked the idea of flexxbars, but heard they would help with hand numbing, desperate to fix my hand issues i bought some
10degree enduro low
when i tried them out i found out they were way too high with the submount scotts, ended up finding a lower os mount setup from one of my friends, and
they work sweet, im running the red rubbers barely tightened down and i dont get the claw hand anymore
when riding i dont notice or even think about the bars moving, until i bottom hard and still get a nice soft feel at the bars, it probably only moves an inch and a half, but when you bottom hard the weight of your bike bottoms the susp before your hand puts any force to the bar, so with the flexxbars its giving your hands their own suspension, way better than adding 1.5" travel to your forks
i swapped back to the pro tapers just to make sure and they feel like hanging on to a tuning fork, claw hand in 20 minutes, flexx bars 3 hours race pace and no claw :D

i found that they let me ride faster for way longer, after my fingers seize up its harder to control the throttle and way harder to brake
now that that dosent happen anymore im using the front brake into every corner, where before id only use it for slowing down from a big straight to a sharp turn, also found myself revving it more on the trails, a combination less vibes and knowing my fingers are gonna press the brakes when i need them to

had a 3rd gear wound crash (adjusting to no scotts damper) and had the bike cartwheel down the side of a hill, bars still straight

downsides
expensive
heavy
look ugly

my fall race results will be the true test, but im sure they are gonna improve noticably from this

they ended up costing me close to $500 with handguards and i gotta say thats the best money ive spent on my bike so far
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
Tharrell

Post by Tharrell »

Got any pics?
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

not yet too busy, but for riding a 500 for anything more than an hour they are essential
the 450 will have less power and will be harder to start, and will be heavier, but to make up for it it will require more maintenance.
4stroke=dead fish
kevin_s

Post by kevin_s »

I just ordered mine from cyclebuy.com.I ride daily and had to stop riding the last two days because my wrist's,elbo's and shoulders cant take any more....
I'm praying the flexx bars help me some.I ordered the 12deg enduro high bars,they are 1inch narrower than my renthal cr high bends but 1inch taller.They are as tall as the atv bend flexx bars that the wookie has on his bike.
2strokeforever

Post by 2strokeforever »

after lots of messing around i ended up with the red rubbers, and you want them real loose, if there tight they dont do nearly as much for reducing vibes...
on the inner rubbers you want the top half of the rubber touching, and a gap on the bottom half

also locktite the nuts cause even tho there locknuts they will still back out?
4stroke=dead fish
kevin_s

Post by kevin_s »

I found a used set of flexx bars for my husky on flea bay and got them yesterday.Rode them around here a little bit and so far I like them.These are the pre 2010 ones but I'll convert them to the newer style next week.They are the atv high bends with 14 deg ends.

Nodge

Post by Nodge »

I run the "wookie" set up. :lol:
Tall atv bars 14* bend on tall RG3 bar mounts.
Awesome for stand up riding.
Notice the main bar is above the number plate.
I also need to convert to the new dual bushings.

Yah, I'm from Saskatchetoon!

MRE 02 250/500 conversion, pulse injector, twirp porting, coolhead, MRE ignition, blah blah blah blah... www.millarengines.com
kevin_s

Post by kevin_s »

got mine,love them...