Joe Satriani "Super Colossal"

ABBA to Sex Pistols to Patsy Cline......

Go for it!!
MojoScojo

Joe Satriani "Super Colossal"

Post by MojoScojo »

Maybe not "Super" but definitely Colossal. Another solid CD from Joe, but then I like Joe. The title track is pretty good and he follows it up with a really good tune you can listen to with just about anything. "Just Like Lightnin'". The tracks in the middle are all solid, but nothing special. The last one is a Kick ASS tune called "Crowd Chant". I really dig it!
AlisoBob
"Hoon-father"

Post by AlisoBob »

When i'm watching a old documentary, there is something about the scratchy print , the out of focus parts, and jumpy editing that gives it somekind of credibility thats is hard to describe.

I feel the same about music,

Joe is so technically perfect and polished that its almost " Too Clean".

I do like his writing though...

He needs to crunch it up a little...
TYSTYX

Re: Joe Satriani "Super Colossal"

Post by TYSTYX »

MojoScojo wrote:Maybe not "Super" but definitely Colossal. Another solid CD from Joe, but then I like Joe. The title track is pretty good and he follows it up with a really good tune you can listen to with just about anything. "Just Like Lightnin'". The tracks in the middle are all solid, but nothing special. The last one is a Kick ASS tune called "Crowd Chant". I really dig it!

I got that last year. Its been out for a long time. I even saw the concert for that cd. I dig Satch. Been listening to him since the mid 80's when he still had hair. The dude's 51 yrs. old this year. I have all his releases including some old out-of-print stuff. Been to several of his shows. Have some stuff autographed by him. There are better guitarists out there, but none that I enjoy as much as Satch. His musical ideas and projects are incredible.

If you ever go to one of his shows, always try to get tickets /seats for the left side of the stage. ( as your looking at the stage)

He always jams on the left and never crosses over the center of the stage.
If you end up on the right side, all you get is his bassist and rythm guitarist.