Metallica ROCKS!!!!

ABBA to Sex Pistols to Patsy Cline......

Go for it!!
HrcRacing

Metallica ROCKS!!!!

Post by HrcRacing »

My son and I drove eight hours roundtrip to Tampa yesterday to see them and it was an incredible show. Total time standing was 10 hours (1.5 at will call, 2 at gate, 2 on floor and 4.5 concert) so we were dragging ass afterwards!

For the first time ever for either of us, we were first row on the railing! F'ING SWEET!!!! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Not the same concert, but we were in the lower right hand corner where Hetfield is. No, check that, we were in the upper left corner of the stage/railing. They all move around during the concert and Ulrich's drumset rotate 90 degrees or so at different times during the show, ultimately rotating 360 degrees.

At one point, Trujillo came off the stage and played right in front of us. Could have reached out and touched the dude! :headbang:

Supporting bands were Gojira from France and Lamb of God.
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

Awesome! I grew up with Metallica. They went to shit there for a while and somewhat redeemed themselves with Death Magnetic. Lars is still a punk....
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

Rosco-Peeko wrote:Awesome! I grew up with Metallica. They went to shit there for a while and somewhat redeemed themselves with Death Magnetic. Lars is still a punk....
Yeah, he's a douche! Before the final song he goes to the edge of the stage and tells the crowd "that's all" and to "go home". This goes on for a while before he finally signals "one more song" (after indicating 1-10 more songs). They ended with an extended version of "Seek and Destroy" with the house lights up. :headbang:

After that they walked around while the crowd cheered and they threw out a ton of picks and some drum sticks. I ended up getting two guitar picks and my son got one bass pick.

If you get the chance to see them, I highly recommend that you go.
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

Post by Roostius_Maximus »

I went last time they were in town and it was awesome too!

Hey Robert, guess what i seen all shrink-wrapped friday afternoon!
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:Hey Robert, guess what i seen all shrink-wrapped friday afternoon!
Yeah, I saw on Fedex Freight that it had been delivered. How's she look without the shrink-wrap?
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

It was stil wrapped at the depot, Chad had me pickup the title so import papers will done tuesday and he can bring it in+ cut into it
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:It was stil wrapped at the depot, Chad had me pickup the title so import papers will done tuesday and he can bring it in+ cut into it
Well, that answers my "Did you guys go riding with it" question. :wink: :lol:

He'll definitely have to work on the jetting for up there. The only thing I did was lean the pilot from a 55 to a 50. It had a bit of ping in the higher RPM's the last time I rode it but it was cold as shit out (January '09). Richening the needle clip one would have taken care of it but I didn't ride it long enough to warrant it. I just short-shifted it. :wink:
Roostius_Maximus
Site Admin

I'll get some pics as it gets un packed, he'll hit the jetting right pretty quick, as for temp its been freezing at night here
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:I'll get some pics as it gets un packed, he'll hit the jetting right pretty quick, as for temp its been freezing at night here
Yeah, it won't take much to sort it out. :whoop:
Rosco-Peeko

Post by Rosco-Peeko »

I saw them on the 94 summer shit tour in an Amphitheater in Atlanta. They had Candlebox and Suicidal Tendencies. The crowd sang along so loud that you could barely hear James on the PA. Bad ass concert.
Somewhere in Kenya, a village is missing their idiot.......
HrcRacing

Post by HrcRacing »

Rosco-Peeko wrote:I saw them on the 94 summer shit tour in an Amphitheater in Atlanta. They had Candlebox and Suicidal Tendencies. The crowd sang along so loud that you could barely hear James on the PA. Bad ass concert.
I would have loved to seen them back then with Newsted as the bassist. I really like Trujillo but I liked the lineup better with Jason.
kkvslayer

Post by kkvslayer »

Roostius_Maximus wrote:I went last time they were in town and it was awesome too!

Hey Robert, guess what i seen all shrink-wrapped friday afternoon!
They got a show coming up in Winnipeg any day now,I was to late to buy a ticket on ticketmaster.ca and the ones listed on ebay were too much for me to fork out so I bought a ticket for slipknot instead,Next time they roll into Canada I'll be waiting online for the tickets to go on sale,Metallica fukin kickass
1994 Heartless CR500R
1986 KX500