WAYNE THE TRAIN HANCOCK

ABBA to Sex Pistols to Patsy Cline......

Go for it!!
BIGGDAD

WAYNE THE TRAIN HANCOCK

Post by BIGGDAD »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErKuQ7VL ... re=related[/youtube]

Wayne is the man. I'm proud to call him a friend. Y'all check him out.
"You should never drink Lone Star Beer and listen to Tim McGraw. It just don't work. It'll curdle. "
Dale Watson
DesertCR

Post by DesertCR »

Man that guy is badass, I just recently started listening to him. I was at a buddy's house and was listening to the outlaw country music channel on Direct TV and heard Thunderstorms and Neon Signs, I've heard Hank III sing it but didnt know that Wayne actually wrote that song. And you know him personally? I'm going to Austin one day to watch him in a small venue.
xtremeslide

Post by xtremeslide »

:cool: music the electric guitar guy in the first video looks like the bad terminator

CR500R
V-MAX 1200
jbird_710

Post by jbird_710 »

I could be wrong, but it sounds like he's played the guitar once or twice.

Seriously, does he play at a particular place there in Austin regularly? I don't get over there too much but would like to check out their band next time I'm there.
'87 CR500R / (2) '01 CR500R / '02 MPS CR500R AF / '06 XR650R / '06 XR650L / '01 XR400R / '01 FLHTCUI / '04 CRF 450R / '84 CR500R / '89 Transalp /'05 CRF450X / '02 XR200R
Jay Birdsong

Don't you know about the Bird?
BIGGDAD

Post by BIGGDAD »

DesertCR wrote:Man that guy is badass, I just recently started listening to him. I was at a buddy's house and was listening to the outlaw country music channel on Direct TV and heard Thunderstorms and Neon Signs, I've heard Hank III sing it but didnt know that Wayne actually wrote that song. And you know him personally? I'm going to Austin one day to watch him in a small venue.

Yep, Wayne also wrote 87 Southbound that is on the 1st III cd. Wayne has a new cd out that is kickass. It's called Viper of Melody.
"You should never drink Lone Star Beer and listen to Tim McGraw. It just don't work. It'll curdle. "
Dale Watson
BIGGDAD

Post by BIGGDAD »

jbird_710 wrote:I could be wrong, but it sounds like he's played the guitar once or twice.

Seriously, does he play at a particular place there in Austin regularly? I don't get over there too much but would like to check out their band next time I'm there.
Eddie Biebel AKA Johnny!!! is a phenomenal picker and a real cool guy. He gets better everytime I see him play. He dropped out of Wayne's band back in August after spending 6 years on the road with Wayne. However, Wayne had to fire Eddie's replacement. So, Eddie is stepping up to help the band for the rest of this tour....atleast. Wayne will be playing in Austin May 8 @ the Nutty Brown Cafe opening for rockabilly legend Wanda Jackson and on May10 @ the Continental Club Austin for an all star benefit show for Wayne's steel player who was injured seriously in an altercation on the road.

If you decide to make the show send me a PM. I plan on being at both shows.
Dale Watson